Forms of collaboration
At Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals we collaborate with our global network of partners in all phases of the value chain – from research through development. Complementing our own capabilities by establishing long-term relationships with innovative partners from science and industry is an essential element of our strategy. We welcome many different forms of cooperation, including traditional licensing partnerships and alliances while also embracing new models of collaboration. Some examples of the types of partnerships we welcome are listed here.
- Licensing early stage discovery technologies as well as enabling platform technologies to support our core areas of interest. We are committed to developing these technologies to enhance our internal small molecule and biologics drug discovery efforts.
- Strategic Partnerships with Academic Centers in our core areas of therapeutic interest as well as with Pharmaceutical and Biotech Companies whose technologies are complimentary to our internal expertise. Examples are our partnerships with the German Cancer Research Center DKFZ in Heidelberg, the Tsinghua University in Beijing, and the National University of Singapore.
- We embrace new models of open innovation and implemented the “Grants4Targets” initiative in 2009 aimed at research groups that have made substantial contributions in the discovery of new and innovative targets and require further funding for adequate validation. The initiative has funded over 40 projects in our core areas of therapeutic research. Further information and an online application form can be found on a dedicated web page.
- We are interested in collaborative models of open innovation and will work together with you to develop promising targets and technologies by leveraging our internal strengths and expertise to compliment yours. One example is our engagement in the Innovative Medicines Initiative IMI
- We seek novel small molecule and biologic candidates for in-licensing from pre-clinical leads to clinical development candidates. Together we will work to advance these candidates to achieve Proof of Concept with our long-standing expertise in drug development.
- We firmly believe that by combining our expertise and knowledge in partnerships we can successfully and sustainably contribute to improving therapies for the benefit of our patients, our partners, and ourselves. For more information please contact us.